We had planned to launch the 6th vintage of our collaboration with much fanfare, including public events, tastings, food matchings etc. However, that planning has all been in vain as New Zealand's response to Covid has prohibited all such things.
However, the wines are ready to be released and aren’t going to be stopped by a virus. They want to be seen, tasted, and appreciated. 2019 in Otago was a truly excellent vintage with our Gibbston Vineyard Pinot Noir being pronounced one of the world’s top 10 wines at the 2021 IWC.
If there ever was a year to compare two producers from the same site, it is with the 2019s...especially as there won’t be the chance to do so again for a while. There was no collaboration in 2020, a victim of the first round of Covid.
While right now there is much that we can’t do, we can ship wine and you can receive it. We can enjoy a tasting together, albeit by screen.
- VALLI X Burn Cottage Virtual Tasting
- WHO: VALLI, Burn Cottage and YOU
- WHAT: Online tasting of the 2019 Collaboration Wines
- WHERE: Wherever you'd like to tune in to ZOOM from
- WHEN: Monday 27 September 7:30pm NZST
- HOW: Please RSVP your attendance to Hollis and she will send you the link to the ZOOM meeting with your tracking details for the wines.
- NZ Order Cutoff: Midnight Monday 13 September
- Australia Order Cutoff: Midnight Monday 6 September
- Due to international shipping at the moment, it is unlikely a new order will arrive to other overseas destinations by the date of the tasting. However, we would love for you to join us for the tasting and you can toast with the wines you've already got in your cellar. We would also be happy to consider hosting a second tasting further down the track so that we can be joined by our friends all around the world. Please let Hollis know if you are interested.