Valli Old Vine Riesling
Old Vine Riesling 2012
- “Brilliant green-hued pale-straw colour, pale on edge. The bouquet is very tightly bound and concentrated, but elegantly proportioned, with ethereal aromatic detail, showing minerals, lime fruit and white florals. Dry to taste and still very tight in expression, the fruit extract, depth and fine texture is the feature. Concentrated and pure flavours of mineral-infused white floral fruit unfold, revealing slate and flint with delicate citrus elements. The fruit is underlined by brisk, racy, mouthwatering acidity that drives the refined, textural palate line to a pristine and very long, sustained finish with lingering nuances. This is a tightly bound, youthful and mouthwateringly dry Riesling with considerable fruit weight.” – 5 Stars, Raymond Chan, March 2013
Old Vine Riesling 2011
"Perfumed mineral notes with a white peach/nectarine fruit background. Dry, with a core of vibrant acidity balanced by ripe fruit and great length of flavour."
Old Vine Riesling 2010
“Very perfumed and aromatically expressive, ripe white peach stone fruit, some oral / honeysuckle notes in background. Great concentrated core of ripe fruit on the front palate balanced by typical Riesling acidity which bursts out of the middle of the fruit carrying flavours with it that give the wine great length...”
Valli Old Vine Riesling 2009
- "Very perfumed and aromatically expressive, ripe white peach stone fruit, some floral /honeysuckle notes in background.
- Great concentrated core of ripe fruit on front palate balanced by typical Riesling acidity which bursts out of the middle of the fruit carrying flavours with it giving the wine great length.
- These are some of the oldest wine grapevines in the South Island and consequently have the root mass to fully ripen the fruit and add complexity from the soil.
- Alexandra, having the country’s greatest diurnal temperature range also helps the grapes ripen during the hot days but retain their acidity and vibrancy during the cooler nights."
Valli Old Vine Riesling 2008
- "Very perfumed white peach stone fruit aromatics, some floral /spice notes and mineral background of dusty crushed rock .
- Concentrated core of ripe fruit balanced by typical Riesling acidity which bursts out of the middle of the fruit carrying flavours with it giving the wine great length."